xplorer² Lite 4.1.0.1 & auto-sorting

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Darren

xplorer² Lite 4.1.0.1 & auto-sorting

Post by Darren »

Hi.

I've just upgraded to version 4.1.0.1 and I'm experiencing a new behaviour regarding the auto-sorting of files. I'm running xplorer² Lite on XP.

I usually have multiple tabs open at different locations. Auto-sorting after copying etc is disabled in Options. For version version 4.1.0.1, the auto-sorting of files only seems to be disabled when a tab has "focus". The behaviour seems rather odd to me.

For example, if I copy a file from one location/tab to another and the destinations tab always has focus, the copied file is placed at the bottom of the files list. If I switch to another tab while the copying is in progress, causing the destination tab to lose focus, when I switch back to the destination tab, the copied file has been auto-sorted.
This behaviour also extends to files that are "created" rather than copied or moved. If I download a file with a browser to a location such as D:\Downloads and that location is open in a tab which has focus, the downloaded file is placed at the bottom of the list, but if a tab is open at D:\Downloads and it doesn't have focus, when I switch to the tab to focus it, the downloaded file is auto-sorted.

In the past, as long as a tab was open at a location to which a file was being copied or added, it didn't matter if the tab had focus or not, the file being copied or added wouldn't be auto-sorted. For version 4.1.0.1 (and maybe previous versions as I can't remember which version of xplorer² Lite I upgraded from) auto-sorting being disabled is now dependant on the tab having focus.

Is this behaviour by design and/or is there a way to return to the old behaviour I'm missing?

Thanks! (and thanks for continuing to offer the "Lite" version).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: xplorer² Lite 4.1.0.1 & auto-sorting

Post by nikos »

Hi Darren

version 4.1 doesn't update a pane if it is hidden. When you switch to a pane that was hidden and which is "dirty", it is refreshed completely to pick up any changes. This helps minimize resource consumption, but has the slight side-effect you noticed

if you want xplorer2 to work as it used to, and don't mind the extra CPU monitoring hidden tabs, use TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS menu command and tick the option "Allow inactive/hidden tabs to refresh...", which is in GLOBAL property page (search for TAB)
Darren

Re: xplorer² Lite 4.1.0.1 & auto-sorting

Post by Darren »

Awesome! Thanks nikos. No more playing "find the file". :)
Cheers.