xplorer² Lite 4.1.0.1 scrolling behaviour.

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Darren

xplorer² Lite 4.1.0.1 scrolling behaviour.

Post by Darren »

I discovered the following change was introduced with version 3.5.0.0. I guess I upgraded from a slightly older version as it's not something I've experienced before.

* you can "zoom" folder contents in and out using CTRL+mouseWheel. Each zoom level goes either to larger icons/thumbnails or smaller, all the way to detailed view mode. Equivalent to using VIEW > PANE STYLE menu but arguably more convenient.

When there's a large list of files that require scrolling up/down in detailed view, I'm so used to holding down CTRL while I scroll with the mouse wheel in order to select files, I'm certain it'll take me at least a year to get out of the habit. Is there any way to disable the changing of View modes while holding down CTRL?

I realise I can use the scrollbar instead of the mouse wheel but it's a little less convenient (and it's a habit thing) and I realise I can avoid the behaviour by releasing the CTRL key while scrolling with the mouse wheel, but it only takes an accidental click to de-select any previously selected files, so the habit of not releasing it until all the desired files are selected is burned into my brain.

Also.... holding down the Shift key disables scrolling with the mouse wheel when scrolling down (at least in details view), and when scrolling up it causes a selected file to be opened multiple times. I'm not sure I can think of a reason for that being a good thing, but is it possible to return to the old behaviour of being able to hold down the shift key while scrolling with the mouse wheel in details view?

Thanks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: xplorer² Lite 4.1.0.1 scrolling behaviour.

Post by nikos »

unfortunately this behavior cannot be turned off. I am not sure how you select files with scrolling and CTRL but have you considered turning on the sticky selection mode with ALT+S? THen you don't need to hold down CTRL and trigger the zooming
Darren

Post by Darren »

Cheers.

I'd forgotten about sticky selection. Being someone who prefers to use the mouse over the keyboard whenever I can, I've added the sticky button to the toolbar and I'll try to get into the habit of using it.

What about scrolling with the shift key held down though? Is there a reason why it no longer works, and is there a reason why trying to scroll up with the shift key held down causes a selected file to open multiple times?

Thanks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I don't have a mouse with scrollbar to test this, but on my laptop touchpad nothing of the sort happens when I hold down SHIFT... in fact nothing happens at all :)