Folder icons

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

janusz

Folder icons

Post by janusz »

Greetings!

1. 2xExplorer. Selected folders images are open/green. Part of Icon Packager (Stardock). Win98SE.

2. Is there a way to have xplorer2 Lite use icons from Icon Packager like 2xExplorer??

See comparison: http://www.lurkhere.com/~janusz/xplorer2.htm

3. Titlebar on xplorer2 Lite only shows part of the path and then elipses. Is there a way to have it show full path?

Thanks! Nice product!

janusz
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i thought that 2x & x2 had the same icon reading code, but obviously this is not the case (& there's not much i can do now)

to get the full titlebars back, delete your old registry key info
janusz

Post by janusz »

Ummmm.

I'm surprised. Sorry to learn that the explorer2 lite folders can't be 'improved' with better folder icons. :( Oh, well. I'll probably stay with the familiar 2xplorer for now. It works well -- and is more consistent (Icon Packager folders) with other later program folders I have.

Thanks,
janusz
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

xplorer2 is technically miles ahead compared to 2x
it does all things, including reading icons, the "proper" way
unfortunately this may break programs like icon packager that clearly aren't fully shell integrated

but if you use the standard windows folder properties to change icons etc x2 will pick them up
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Its possible

Post by snakebyte »

If you are really desperate, you can still change the way folder icons looks in Xplorer2. This can be achieved by resource hacking shell32.dll. Lemme know I'll post how my xplorer2 looks like.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
ben

Post by ben »

to get the full titlebars back, delete your old registry key info

which bit exactly is that nikos?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i don't remember; either binDualPaneFlags in mainframe settings or binMiscOptions in left/right pane settings. If you delete all the registry key you'll be sure to get the defaults across the board!
swmmng

Post by swmmng »

I'm having the same problem.  I've reshacked a bunch of new icons into explorer.exe and shell32.dll, but xplorer^2 (lite version) doesn't display them.  I saw that someone suggested changing things in the Folder Options dialogue.  I assumed he meant the one in the control panel, but it won't open!  Whether I go there in xplorer^2 or explorer, when I double-click on the icon, nothing happens!

XP Pro SP1
LiteStep 0.24.7 RC1
Xplorer^2 lite
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'm not sure about litestep, but the professional version of x2 will show customized icons under windows. For a full list of differences see the table in this page www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm
swmmng

Post by swmmng »

Oh, the professional version will.  Wonderful.