The hide function doesn't work in Xplorer2 Lite?

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

silverhammer

The hide function doesn't work in Xplorer2 Lite?

Post by silverhammer »

I just downloaded Xplorer2 lite and so far so good but! When I try to hide files they don't in Xplorer2 How can I fix that because I live in Nicaragua and with the political situation the way it is, I want to hide some my files.
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

"Hiding" files by setting the HIDDEN attribute is not going to keep anyone from seeing or copying the files and, if the files are not themselves encrypted, reading the contents.

You need to use an encryption system like TrueCrypt to create an encrypted volume or to encrypt your entire hard drive. There is a considerable amount of information and discussion in the TrueCrypt forum on securing your information, including encrypted volumes within another encrypted volume to allow someone to "give up" the secrets, but keep the truly sensitive information hidden.

You can obtain TrueCrypt free at http://www.truecrypt.org

Please do the research and protect yourself.

----------------
PJ in FL
silverhammer

File safety.

Post by silverhammer »

Thank you for this new program advice, it will make  my life less complicated and secure. The program I use now is too obvious and I could be compromised, TrueCrypt seems to cover my concerns nicely. Thanks again.

Maxwell Silverhammer