Setting Extra Attributes for Anoraks

A collection of especially useful xplorer² topics and ideas. New users may find it helpful to look here before searching the other forums for information. >>>>>> Please post new material in the relevant forum. (New stuff posted here will be removed.) Thanks. -fg-

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos

johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I cannot afford to have a personal server and business broadband internet.  Plus, I own 4 domains, and use Google Apps accounts for all 4.  I've seen what Google's official stance is, as well as Microsoft's and Yahoo's, plus GMX, Hotpop, and several other email providers that I have used in the past.  I'm not trying to be a private person - I'm very public in all of my personas, and a google search on me is a good thing IMO.

Besides, even forums like this are publicly searchable thanks to googlebots, yahoobot, bingbots, etc.

One day when I can afford my own setup, I may go about imlementing it - but for now, I have to rely on what I can truly afford.

Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

johngalt wrote:I cannot afford to have a personal server and business broadband internet.
My server costs me around 9 € a month (might be 10 US-$ or something?).
I'd assume it is not really much compared to the possibilities it grants you.
johngalt wrote:Besides, even forums like this are publicly searchable
:shock:

Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

lol - nice pic.

However, I just graduated with my Masters degree and I am currently unemployed, except for random side projects (design and computer maintenance - small business I have been running for 15+ years that barely makes any real tangible income but keeps me playing around with computers).

I recently had to cut off my NetFlix account and my MediaFire Pro account because of lack of income.  Right now even $1 / month is too much to afford.

If I remain jobless for much longer, I'll have to find new ways to save money - like going without cell or home internet....

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the fashion nowadays is to make bitcoins for fun and profit :)
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

So I have heard.  I still don't understand it all, but I may soon try.  It seems there are even proposals to make it an alternative payment method....

IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re:

Post by IneedHelp »

nikos wrote:the fashion nowadays is to make bitcoins for fun and profit :)
Been there, now I am working to recover the investment.
Was only a few months late when I started GPU mining.
Shortly after, the GPU mining ship finally sank, I was floating among a dozen Radeon R9 290's which haven't paid for the investment expenses.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Setting Extra Attributes for Anoraks

Post by Kilmatead »

Radeon? <Snort> All the kewl kids know that if it don't start with N and have GTX in the name, it's just not a proper card! Besides, you're supposed to be using your folding power for the good of all mankind, not silly personal gain. Santa looks kindly upon those sorts of endeavours - and even he knows a Radeon couldn't power Pac-Man, never mind cure cancer or make you wealthy. :D
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Setting Extra Attributes for Anoraks

Post by IneedHelp »

Kilmatead wrote:Santa looks kindly upon those sorts of endeavours - and even he knows a Radeon couldn't power Pac-Man, never mind cure cancer or make you wealthy. :D
Can I interest you then in a decent leaf blower, fair sir?