Binary: A Plugin for Identifying EXE/DLL Files by Architecture-Type

A collection of especially useful xplorer² topics and ideas. New users may find it helpful to look here before searching the other forums for information. >>>>>> Please post new material in the relevant forum. (New stuff posted here will be removed.) Thanks. -fg-

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos

FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Binary: A Plugin for Identifying EXE/DLL Files by Architecture-Type

Post by FrizzleFry »

I grabbed that FilenameChrCount plugin Nikos suggested and it does what I want (and more actually) but something that annoys me about these plugin columns is that their headers tend to be so long (and sometimes have redundant info) since they include the plugin name with the column name... so I get a column called Filename (ChrCount).Filename (ChrCount)

I can reduce that some by renaming the plugin file but has its drawbacks also... is there a way to not include the plugin name in the column header?

I'll try with the code you posted here.

Codeblocks was one of the IDEs I tried but I only tried the portable one... maybe there is more I need to install.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Binary: A Plugin for Identifying EXE/DLL Files by Architecture-Type

Post by Kilmatead »

FrizzleFry wrote:is there a way to not include the plugin name in the column header?
No, as you discovered the only way to shorten it is to rename the plugin itself (I sympathise - more than a few I have just renamed to A and B :D). You can't change the column name yourself without access to the source, which that plugin doesn't supply.

The portable CB should work (except it only has an x86 compiler) - but it builds fine (just tested it). I use the nightlies, but that shouldn't matter much.