xplorer2 HACK : Convert any menu item to a toolbar button !!

A collection of especially useful xplorer² topics and ideas. New users may find it helpful to look here before searching the other forums for information. >>>>>> Please post new material in the relevant forum. (New stuff posted here will be removed.) Thanks. -fg-

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos

Caveatrob

Stopped working

Post by Caveatrob »

Weird- it stopped working. Just shows the command being executed as a quick flash and then nothing happens.
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Works for me. Thanks for the tool!
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

MenuHack has stopped working for me a few times also... sometimes restarting x2 fixes it and other times you need to reboot to fix it. I usually see this after I install a new version of x2. It actually happened today for no apparent reason and I had to reboot to fix it.

BTW, snakebyte, could you post the source to MenuHack 1.1 when you get a chance?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Due to some mild incompatibilities with x2 v2.0, the old MenuHack code has been known to unexpectedly "cough" inexplicably (bird-flu, no doubt) when used and not actually function appropriately - so, with Snakebyte's permission I rewrote it to simplify the code.  While I have the hubris to christen it version 1.2, I take no credit as all I did was clean up someone else's spilt milk and organise his bookshelf into alphabetical order. :wink:  We thank Snakebyte for the original.

Download link: MenuHack (Updated: 07-Dec-11, Version 1.2.0.0)
(RAR includes executable and source-code)
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Ok, I'm using the new MenuHack... I'll post here if I notice anything wrong.
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Kilmatead,
I have updated the first post and added a direct link to your dropbox folder. Hopefully this is not a temp folder that used for sharing.

Thanks for updating the code for this tool Kilmatead :)
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
maxand

Post by maxand »

I tried using MenuHack to create a toolbar button for Swap panes (Ctrl+U), which is sadly lacking. Unfortunately it hasn't worked.

Here's the code:

Code: Select all

Name: Swap panes
Description: > "C:\MyFolders\MenuHack\MenuHack.exe" 32862
I can make User Commands work with other apps. Currently using MenuHack 1.2.0.0.

I would appreciate it if anyone can think of a reason why this isn't working for me.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

The code for Swap Panes is 32869.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Might be that the code for <Ctrl-U> is 32869?  Image

Edit: Ah, pipped at the post by Friz. :shrug:
maxand

Post by maxand »

Thanks for posting the correct code.

That's strange. 32862 is given as the code in the list of hotkeys on P2 of this thread, and also in the hotkeys.txt file included with MenuHack. Maybe you guys should update this list.

(added) However, changing it to 32869 worked. I see it's in the file Menu_Commands.txt. There's no explanation included as to how to apply the code in this file - should I assume I look up the command then use the 5-digit code with MenuHack?
Last edited by maxand on 2012 Apr 03, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

maxand wrote:That's strange. 32862 is given as the code in the list of hotkeys on P2 of this thread
Fred apparently made a mistake in reproducing that text.  :oops: Use the reference files found in the first post of this thread instead.
maxand wrote:...should I assume I look up the command then use the 5-digit code with MenuHack?
Yes - if some codes require the additional use of ALT/CTRL/SHIFT as modifier keys, include those after the code on the command line, for example (to copy to the opposite pane):

Code: Select all

> MenuHack.exe 32793 CTRL
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Yes, please use the reference files for hotkeys which is linked (and kept up-to-date) in the first post of this thread.  
(I had just copied and posted from a now-obsolete compilation almost 6 years ago.)  :shrug:
maxand

Post by maxand »

Thanks for clearing that up.
maxand

Post by maxand »

fgagnon wrote
Yes, please use the reference files for hotkeys which is linked (and kept up-to-date) in the first post of this thread.
When I rechecked Hotkeys.txt taken from the first post I noticed that the code for Ctrl+U was still listed as 32862.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Better than relying on somebody else's post, you can always get a listing of current x2 hotkey assignments and their ID's for YOUR machine from
  • menuitem: Customize > Keyboard use...
Ctrl+A ,  Crtl+C will select and put them all in a Tab & CR-delimited array on the Windoze clipboard for pasting into your favorite viewing app, spreadsheet, or word processor.