A favorite of folks who want to customize the menus in xplorer².
This topic thread was originally posted in the xplorer² Professional forum. Moved here 19-May-2010 =fg=
Guys, I wrote this tool over the weekend and wanted to share it with you. Menu++ extends Xplorer2 with customizable user menus. It is similar to MenuHack. Apart from command ids, Menu++ supports other command invocation methods like sending direct keystrokes to xplorer2
With Menu++ you can
- Group your favorite and frequently used commands together.
- Make deeply nested menu commands more accessible.
- Combine multiple xplorer2 actions as a single menu command.
- Convert xplorer2 “hotkey only” commands into menu commands. No need to remember those cryptic hotkeys.
- Use it as a cheat sheet to list xplorer2 hotkeys.
- Launch any external application or a script.
- Open bookmark folders in new tab
- Using a Laptop? You can now use those Num pad hotkeys you always missed.
Menu++ is config based tool and it can be launched as a user command from Xplorer2.
Whats more? You can have multiple instances of customizable menus by passing different config files to Menu++.exe as multiple user commands.
Take it for a spin and let me know what you think.
http://hacks.anunay.com/xplorer2/downlo ... usPlus.zip
1. Unzip Menu++.exe, config.ini and display.ini to any folder of your choice. (say C:\My Downloads\Menu++)
2. Create two user commands in Xplorer2 as
Code: Select all
Name: Menu1 Description: >"C:\My Downloads\Menu++\Menu++.exe" config.ini $S Name: Menu2 Description: >"C:\My Downloads\Menu++\Menu++.exe" display.ini $S
3. Add these two commands to your toolbar (Right click on your toolbar and choose customize. Add "Menu1" and "Menu2" commands that you created earlier from left list box to the right one).
4. Now you can use these two toolbar buttons to launch your custom menus. Use the 'Configure...' menu item at the end, to edit the configuration file associated with that particular instance of Menu++.
The included readme file has the config file syntax details. I have tried to use different action types in config.ini and display.ini for your reference. Use these files as starting point for your own customizable menus.
[ A favorite topic: moved from x² Pro forum -fg- ]