Nominate favorite topics

A collection of especially useful xplorer² topics and ideas. New users may find it helpful to look here before searching the other forums for information. >>>>>> Please post new material in the relevant forum. (New stuff posted here will be removed.) Thanks. -fg-

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos

fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nominate favorite topics

Post by fgagnon »

Please post here your nominations for favorite most useful topics from other x2 forums.
When ( if? ) a consensus develops I will move the topic(s) into this forum.
Last edited by fgagnon on 2010 Jun 15, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

here's an easy heuristic: all forum posts with huge number of views must be something to write home about :)
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I spent some time with that yesterday, paging through about 1500 topics, in hopes it would be a simple as moving everything above a [tbd] threshold.
But the majority of high-count threads were about bugs that have been resolved.  I plan to continue with this as time permits over the next week and will move the ones I think are worthy, using my own estimation of popularity and/or being useful reference material.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

I like this idea, nominating threads, better than trying to use high post or view counts...

If you could search for links to other threads you might get something useful... a thread that has been linked a few times to is probably a good one.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

OK, I spent the last two days culling through over 4000 topics in the Pro forum and came up with a total of 19 threads that seem worthy of being moved here either for their being popular or useful, and sometimes both.

If folks have others they consider worthy of being singled out, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
-Fred-
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

User Commands

Post by profess »

For me, this one helped...

User Commands
http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=7278

Osei
Live life...