More Engines

Forum for Discussion of Crack Tracker Issues

Moderator: nikos

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Samson wrote:The rapidshare searches from the current engines do not find everything at rapidshare at the moment.
can you try something for me, in crack tracker press <CTRL+D> then enter a valid rapidshare address e.g.

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/110192068/TC7.0.3.0.rar
does your crack tracker identify the download? It should return something like this
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello,

We are cuurently changing the "track cracker" computer and I will be on holliday the next two weeks. I will reply back as soon the computer (and me) are online again.

Cheers,

Samson
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello,

OK, computer is up and running.

I have did your test and I came to the same result as you.

Cheers,

Samson
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

thanks, so your cracktracker is functioning normally
Samson

Post by Samson »

Well,

Technically perhaps, but by the results of Rapidshare are less, because of sites that are blocking the I.P adresses.

I have now the Crack Tracker computer connected by DSL with a dynamic connection. But still sites are start blocking, even during the first search with the default settings in crack tracker. Working with less then 4 searches at the time is not an option for us.

It would be great to have those other engines included.

I also share the working method from Euclid: we run crack tracker also each day.

Cheers,

Chris
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I have been running crack tracker both as a 'customer' for xplorer2 and heavily when under development but never had a problem with blacklistings

the only known problem is for filesonic.com which complains when used heavily by many search engines simultaneously. I was thinking about fixing it when filesonic as you may have heard went out of business, so that's not an issue anymore

there is not much I can do about IP blocking, do you have any ideas?
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello Nikos,

If I have an idea.... good question ;)

Filestube is blocking with the default search settings during the first scan.

http://rapidlibrary.com does also cover allot. I do not know how it will behave with crack tracker. But you also mentioned that the captcha is a problem.

Perhaps somebody knows the time interfall of automatic "blocking" methods of these kind of sites, just like an internet forum ? Then the sollution would be to slow down the search of certain search engines.

Cheers,

Samson
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

crack tracker by default delays itself when browsing the same engine again and again (check the registry option bHandicap, it should be 1). Also using 1-2 search tabs instead of 4 or more (View > Settings menu) will naturally make everything slower

are you sure you are fetching dynamic IP addresses in your new system? You can check with a tool like http://www.whatismyip.com/
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello Nikos,

yes it is a dynamic one, just as I ordered at our IT department ;)

The bHandicap is 1. So that is fine. Perhaps you could build some kind of option for each search engine regarding this in the software so users could "tweak" the search speed by theyr own. Perhaps till a delay of max. 5 seconds ?

That it will take some longer is not a big problem for here.

Cheers,

Chris
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the fixed delay is 300ms but I will make it available for tweaking