More Engines

Forum for Discussion of Crack Tracker Issues

Moderator: nikos

Riki

More Engines

Post by Riki »

This program is great! I love the free trial and purchased the full version. I am still waiting on my activation code however (its been about 4 hours already).

Anyway, I was hoping there would be an option to add more engines or even specific sites. Would the be possible?

Thanks!
- Riki
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Hi Riki

your key was sent out, sorry for the delay but Plimus decide randomly to do validation checks which cause delays

crack tracker works with 6 warez search engines which you enable from View > Engines menu

you cannot add search engines yourself, but if you know of one that provides results not already discovered by the existing ones, please let me know and I will add it.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Thanks nikos, got it working this morning. :)

As for more search engines I can think of some but will need to do some more tests later.

There are 2 I think that should be added right now though:

http://www.hotfilesearch.com
http://dlhotfile.com

Thanks!
- Riki
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I will look into these

sometimes secondary search engines have little or no unique results that you won't find from big warez search engines
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello Nikos,

is there a search engine planned regarding torrent files ? I also scan allot of them and made a list of sites that will remove the content after you have sent a DMCA notice.

Cheers,

Samson
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

even if you could find torrents, there is no way to remove them as they are not on any public servers (they are on people's computers), so chasing torrents with tools like crack tracker isn't going to work...
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello,

another search engine: http://www.euro-share.com/

Cheers,

Samson
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this one is gone. YOu can tell by the copyright that is stuck to 2010 and when i search for xplorer2 it only lists v1.8 which is like two years ago. Dead engine!
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello,

Filestube is blocking our I.P. address, and somehow they don't reply on our Emails to unblock it.

The rapidshare searches from the current engines do not find everything at rapidshare at the moment.

Some alternative engines:

rapid-search-engine.com
rapidlibrary.com

Perhaps those two can be added ?

Cheers,

Samson
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I have these 2 engines in consideration for a future version, although rapidlibrary.com has a captcha that is not easy to bypass

what do you mean they block your IP address, is it your country as a whole that is blocked or you have used filestube too much and you were thrown out?
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello,

yes, we have used filestube in the past allot. perhaps we are switching now to an dynamic i.p. to avoid this problem.

Just stupid that they don't reply back....

Cheers,

Samson
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

Yes filestube has a very aggressive blocking algorithm. Also once an IP is  blocked, it is blocked forever (for good reasons).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

that's why i recommend running crack tracker at most once a week, perhaps even longer. Any shorter duration and you don't give enough time to filesharing sites to remove links already reported, and you run the risk of being blacklisted!
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

The problem is that new files tend to appear constantly. So only after a day 10 new files have been discovered by search engines as filestube. For an effective result, the process must be continuous.
I'm sure that you are already aware of this. My question is if you are planning to address this issue with crack tracker in one way or another? E.g. by crawling the sources (forums, blogs) directly and therefore avoiding the search engines.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

cracks to my experience appear mainly after you release something, e.g. an upgrade. Then there;s a lull until the next upgrade

attaining a fully clean (crack free) field is a utopian task, the idea is to get most of them removed, without getting too stressed about it