freakshare.com ignores DMCA

Forum for Discussion of Crack Tracker Issues

Moderator: nikos

Euclid

freakshare.com ignores DMCA

Post by Euclid »

Same story as with letitbit. They (freakshare.com) also use the same hoster (webazilla). So sending the DMCA to abuse@webazilla.com instead takes care of this.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

from whois data i can find no relationship between webazilla, letitbit and freakshare. How did you find this email?
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

tracert freakshare.com: 78.140.150.140
9    47 ms    31 ms    34 ms  v-2-eu31-d1204-140.webazilla.com [78.140.150.140]
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

nice tip, thanks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it looks like half the cyberlockers that cracktracker knows about are hosted by webzilla.com. I don't think this is a parent company of the filehosters, just some company that supplies webhosting

I don't feel very confident reporting all the abuse emails to them... are you sure the files are removed in the end?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

If webazilla is an ISP that sells server space to those filehosting websites, then webazilla could be the best entity to send the abuse complaint to.  They (webazilla) could take the offending website down in entirety for violation of terms of service.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it's not a question of taking the entire website down, only the particular infringing file
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

According to webazilla's support (they actually reply) they are happy to take DMCA take down notices on behalf of the file hosters. But preferably I would only send them for file hosters that notoriously ignore or process notices slowly (freakshare, letitbit) due to a lack of automated system (or by intention).

To your question, yes they delete the files. It seems they have a takedown tool for all their file hoster clients.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what i've done is this, crack tracker will use the abuse email of the cyberlocker itself and CC the email to the webazilla abuse too