Search between hours in specified day?

Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Search between hours in specified day?

Post by sanferno »

It's possible to search files by days in many ways but, what about searching files modified between hour 'x' and hour 'y' the day 'z'?
This could be suitable for x2 too.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Search between hours in specified day?

Post by nikos »

I think I added that but you must type in the hour manually after the date e.g

3/4/2015 10:00 .. 3/4/2015 11:00

or perhaps I was thinking about adding it... :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

As Nikos says, you have to edit the date cell manually and append the time designate yourself in HH:mm:ss, such as:

In this case, I just used a granularity of 19 minutes. Note the boolean context set as "AND", so both timestamps are explicitly inclusive (use AND NOT to make the search exclusive of the range).

Or, if you're really bored, you can do it on the "quick-rule" modified/created date line as in Nikos' example:

01-Jun-2015 15:37:00 .. 01-Jun-2015 15:56:00

Note the inclusion of the wee ".." betwixt timestamps. You may also use > < >= <=, etc on this line if specifying a single date: ">=01-Jun-2015 15:37:00"

(This was added in version .41, because a certain "fussy customer" was fussier than usual and actually had a good idea for once. :wink: And yes, this needs to be in x2 as well - as a similar granularity there is rather fiddly to achieve.)
sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by sanferno »

Thanks! That was just what I needed.
Last saturday I got really good shit on my PC, the virus called "Locker" which encrypt all the files on the computer. Thanks to my backup copies, I've recovered all the important stuff from that bloody mess, although I've lost some minor things... At the end, 133 GB were affected, awesome sh*t!
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

sanferno wrote:Thanks! That was just what I needed.
Last saturday I got really good shit on my PC, the virus called "Locker" which encrypt all the files on the computer. Thanks to my backup copies, I've recovered all the important stuff from that bloody mess, although I've lost some minor things... At the end, 133 GB were affected, awesome sh*t!
Sorry to hear you were hit by ransomware. If you're still trying to recover, this site may have helpful information.

-------------------------------------
PJ in (hot, stormy) FL
sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by sanferno »

Thank you pj, I'll take a look.
Cheers.