Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

Gary M. Mugford
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

EPub and Mobi searching

Post by Gary M. Mugford »

Nikos,

I see an upcoming Bits Du Jour sale. It's for LITE which you admit means a large percentage of your user base. But I would pony up for standard if DeskRule included EPub and Mobi searching as well as PDF and other sundry text-oriented files. I have a plethora of bridge files and convention card extended rule agreements in Mobi. I would dearly love to search, for example, Precision across the Bridge Mobi folder. Using extended rules, I could, for example, search for ('Precision Club Defence') and ('full' not 'simple'). Yes, it's a narrow silo search, but one I'd like the computer to do, not me. There's also searching through some analysis reports that I pocket to my Kindle that would be helpful. And, if you get Mobi searching, I'm sure EPub searching would come in handy eventually too.

I just discovered that my flowcharting program that now BULK creates per procedure flowchart PDF's, includes the text. It's not all graphics anymore. That means I WILL be buying DeskLITE at least, since finding flowcharted procedures through all my projects that include something or other is now possible. It's a VERY NEAT THING. And DeskLITE will make it niftier, I think.

But I still want to give you more money in the case of added searching for the popular book formats (Do Mobi first, of course).

GM
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EPub and Mobi searching

Post by nikos »

the problem is already solved, you just need the epub and mobi filter plugins:
www.zabkat.com/blog/epub-ifilter-windows-search.htm
www.zabkat.com/blog/ebook-kindle-filter ... search.htm
Gary M. Mugford
Bronze Member
Bronze Member