deskrule won't catalog a mounted Acronis backup file

Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

deskrule won't catalog a mounted Acronis backup file

Post by jimspoon »

Acronis True Image backs up volumes to .tib files. I have a .tif file on an external drive. Using Acronis, I mounted such a volume to drive letter K:. When I tried to catalog the K: volume, Deskrule displays the following message "Only removable (external) media can be added in the search catalog, e.g. CD/DVD or USB hard discs".

Anyway around this, to get Deskrule to catalog the volume?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: deskrule won't catalog a mounted Acronis backup file

Post by nikos »

if you check the deskrule documentation, there's a registry tweak called binFlags which will allow deskrule to catalog arbitrary folders (add 16 to the existing number through registry editing, while deskrule isn't running)

are you sure this mounting creates the same "serial number" and is it unique for each different .TIB?
jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jimspoon »

It works! I'll do some experimenting regarding the serial number. I imagine the serial number would be different for each volume which is backed up to a .TIB, but if I have multiple .TIBs for the same volume, the serial number might be the same for all of them?
jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jimspoon »

I tried mounting and cataloging two different .TIB backups of the same HDD volume. When mounted, both .TIBs had the same serial number. When I tried to catalog the second mounted .TIB, I got the message "the storage medium is already in the catalog. do you want to refresh it?" I changed the drive letter of the second mounted .TIB, and then tried to catalog it, but still got the same message.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

see if you can convince whatever tool you're using for mounting to assign different "serial numbers"? Each removable disk is supposed to have a unique identifier