i-DeClone v1.12 beta

Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

i-DeClone v1.12 beta

Post by nikos »

exciting "technology" in the latest build, it can detect similar songs by CONTENT instead of tags.
download BETA: https://www.zabkat.com/test/declone.zip
there's no installer, just download, unpack and run
i-DeClone can now "hear" your music and discover duplicate songs regardless of their names, wrong/missing tags and what have you. It can see through all these kinds of "fake" differences of the same song:

* different bitrates
* different formats (MP3/FLAC...)
* stereo/mono channels
* starting silence
* gain differences (loudness)

To try out this mode, choose MUSIC as the type to scan, tick "find similar files", and in the Advanced property page tick "compare file content". If you want to find similar music regardless of extension (WAV/WMA/etc), tick off "Files must have the same extension"

Scanning musical content is rather slow but very robust. I only saw a few "false positive" detections in this mode, at 90% similarity level. The audio signature is based on the starting 15-20 seconds of each track, so songs that are similar only at the beginning may be wrongly flagged as duplicate.
EMathews3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: i-DeClone v1.12 beta

Post by EMathews3 »

---------------------------
DeClone 1.12 Beta.EXE - System Error
The program can't start because MFReadWrite.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

Where could I find a reliable instance and correct version of this file? The basic fix is to install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows ... but my Win won't allow that in its current state, so an alternative method is called for.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

which windows version do you have? I have tried both win10 and win7 and the media foundation library is present
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Hi Nikos, anything else, other than the music search, changed?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no, only music search
John H

Re: i-DeClone v1.12 beta feedback

Post by John H »

Big improvement. New v1.12 beta found 69 items, previous version found only 2 items.
Thank you!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:beer:
EMathews3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by EMathews3 »

This is Windows 8.1 "N" meaning the base install is English-only, with no Media Framework. Good browsers can't play videos, I assume because there are no codecs etc.
EMathews3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by EMathews3 »

First tried installing the missing DLL, but could not find the right 64-bit version on https://dll-files.com/mfreadwrite.dll.html

Finally figured out how to scan my 'real' drives while running the program from a virtual machine which has a normal version of Windows, so Media Foundation is already installed.