Windows Registry Analysis and Correction - Helps keep the registry clean.

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

This utility from Microsoft will help to keep the Windows registry in order.

MORE INFORMATION
When you install, uninstall, or reinstall programs on your computer, registry keys are created, modified, or deleted. Over time, a computer's registry may accumulate corrupted, unused, or unnecessary registry keys, especially if registry keys are not removed when you uninstall a program. Therefore, you may experience problems when you use OLE to embed objects, or when you use automation to control other programs. The RegClean utility cleans up these unnecessary registry entries in the registry.

What RegClean Does
RegClean analyzes Windows registry keys that are stored in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key in the registry and finds keys that contain erroneous values. RegClean records those entries in an Undo.reg file that has the following file name (where computer is the name of the computer, yyyymmdd is the date, and hhmmss is the time):
Undo computer yyyymmddhhmmss.reg
RegClean then removes the erroneous entries from the registry.

More information can be found at Microsoft. [url=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb ... 7/7/69.asp

How]http://support.microsoft.com/support....>How[/url] to Install RegClean
Download the file RegClean.exe and save it to your desktop or any folder.

Double click on the file RegClean.exe and install it in any folder on your computer. The default is C:\Program Files\RegClean.

To Run RegClean

Open C:\Program Files\RegClean folder, double click on RegClean.exe and follow the instructions.

There is a ReadMe file included in the folder if you need more information.

Click Here to Download RegClean.

BTW it is Free. :)
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Thanks Sal, love the free stuff, :biggrin:  and now I can clean up my puter the right way.  :) :wink:  
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Ok, so I downloaded, installed, and ran it.  It was easy, :cheesy:   if I can do it anyone can :),  thanks again Sal,  When I ran it, then right clicked on the undo file and hit edit, I couldn't believe all the errors it fixed :shocked: So is this something that should be done once a month or so?  :confused:  :love:
Mim

Post by Mim »

RegClean is an excellent program and a definate must have. I ran Regclean after removing several programs on my computer and could not believe all the previously removed programs that left fragments that I basically forgot even having. Programs that were deleted months ago. I highly recommend this program. Easy to install and use and it keeps you from having to go into No Mans Land... :shocked:
Mim :)