get rid of windows 10 upgrade

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: get rid of windows 10 upgrade

Post by Kilmatead »

Well, just the other day Nikos was wondering if Adobe was the AntiChrist so I wouldn't be surprised if the universe (in its infinitely absurd wisdom) sent a back-magic-obsessed-Muslim-Hindu-with-a-clock-fetish to show him the path to enlightenment. God knows nothing else has worked yet, so it certainly can't hurt. :D
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

At least you were able to bring the evidence that God does not have humor. How else could you accidentally miss an "l" in "black-magic-obsessed-Muslim-Hindu-with-a-clock-fetish", but in a different place than I would? :mrgreen: :twisted:

I think we should be afraid.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:How else could you accidentally miss an "l" [...] but in a different place than I would?
Are you intimating that you have a subconscious rooster-fetish of some sort? That would be most unusual, even for a German. It also sounds even more painful than my own obvious obsession with sciatica. :shrug:

(Ironically, I just spent a shed-load of money replacing computer parts, but the one thing I didn't get was a new keyboard. Henceforth I shall blame all curious spelling-subtleties on that bit of faulty hardware - they say that those newfangled mechanical keyboards have key-switches rated for 20-50 million hits whereas my current old domed keyboard is 5 million at best - and I must have worn it out by now.)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Depends if the rooster is still alive, I guess.

I must admit I am a bit curious. Why does a keyboard jockey like you not own a whole shedload of throw-away mechanical keyboards? You might even be able to keep some for your grand- and grand-grand-children. One day this could all be yours. Well, actually, my QPAD MK-50 already has a hole in its F12 key, which is rather mysterious to me.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:Depends if the rooster is still alive, I guess.
Don't go there dude, the patron-saint of farm-animals frowns upon necrophilia in all its varied and imaginative permutations. If the anti-Christ is indeed poaching our better angels, we best be more vigilant than afraid.
Tuxman wrote:Why does a keyboard jockey like you not own a whole shedload of throw-away mechanical keyboards?
By mechanical, I mean mechanical not clunky. My current (and only) keyboard has about a million keys as well as its own screen (what, yours doesn't?):

...which is just so completely cheesy and ridiculous that it threatens to make greasy-hair cool again. It is, however, quite useful in its own way, since when you combine these things with USB-screen customising software, you can make them do almost anything.

That said, it is 8 years old now, and so should be retired soon to the great wrist-rest in the sky, as (to be sure) the <Space> key alone has enough schizophrenic-tendencies to qualify as its own species of artificial intelligence.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Kilmatead wrote:the patron-saint of farm-animals frowns upon necrophilia in all its varied and imaginative permutations.
I could probably live with being haunted by a duck.
Kilmatead wrote:By mechanical, I mean mechanical not clunky.
I totally got that (hence my hint to my QPAD one), but I think it is really amusing that the article you referred to as a proof of the unclunkiness of your keyboard starts with a picture of a Model M. Good thing they invented a hammer recently, so you have a better tool to drive a nail into your wall.
Kilmatead wrote:It is, however, quite useful in its own way, since when you combine these things with USB-screen customising software, you can make them do almost anything.
In a time of touch-nonsense, I guess we can all be glad that the Optimus Tactus never reached the mainstream market; and be it only to make yours a better non-anachronism. :D
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Not only can we do away with 'touch' itself, but now you can do away with anything to actually touch in a keyboard. The laser revolution happened in 2011 and we missed it. Wonder why it never caught on? $90 on Amazon as a keychain fob though, so you can still get one for next Christmas.

And wouldn't a "non-anachronism" simply be a chronism? Or... something...
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Next step: Do away with anything to actually touch in a woman. Why has no - according to the cliché - socially incapable nerd invented something like that yet? Or did they and they just don't want to share?

Also, since when do you have problems to find the right words? Something is wrong here.
Aliens. Must be the aliens. Or the chemtrails. Or the alien chemtrails.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

They did - it's called the proverbial act of putting a woman on a pedestal. Not only does it do away with unwanted sexual-harassment lawsuits, but it also has the extra-added benefit of magnifying your own disappointment with the reality of things that you completely forget why you were mysteriously turned into a babblingly useless puppy by her in the first place. Or... let me guess, you were the only person in the world who thought that astonishingly bad film Her was really a self-documentary?

What wrong word... technically a 'non-anachronism' could be reinterpreted as something "trendy", or, more accurately, "timely"; ergo, chronistic is the most accurate term (in a conveniently pedantic sort of way). Considering that it even ties in with your previous clock-fetish, I'm ahead of the game for once. Why use a thesaurus when you can just strip the superfluous prefixes away instead?

Anti-Komposita to the rescue! :wink:
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Are you sure you don't mix up something with feminism here? While some nerds might be feminists (and good ones at that, as real feminists don't understand what a woman needs either), I'm sure the reverse direction won't work.

Do "trends" actually matter in 2016 anymore? Once you picked something up, it's already sooo yesterday. Globalization destroys traditions. Now here we sit, sharing our old grumpy thoughts with other old grumpy persons in a message board while all the cool people restrict themselves to post cat videos on Facebook. I surely miss the text-only web.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

Tuxman wrote:... while all the cool people restrict themselves to post cat videos on Facebook. I surely miss the text-only web.
Posting cat videos on Facebook is almost prehistoric, I hear the cool place today is Tumblr :roll:
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21