locking up - help

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

SUNRYZ

Post by SUNRYZ »

Im still having trouble with my computer locking up ,it works fine on every site till i hit this one :mad: I just cant figure it out it dosnt just kick me off it totally locks me up so i have to manually shut down and restart its driving me crazy ,i really love this site but i afraid ill crash for good if i cant figure it out
any help would be great that is if i can get on to get it
please email me your hints if i dont answer ya right away
thanks
sunryze@clearnet.net
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Hi Sunryz,
I thought you were having a problem with your Internet connection.
You can try this program. I used it on dialup accounts and it has helped. It has an undo just in case you do not like the changes.
Web Optimizer

There is nothing on this site that would cause your computer to lock up. However, there are some things that you can do to help prevent lockups and to have your computer run better. Delete all files in your temporary folder and temporary Internet folder and sub folders. Delete all files in your recycle bin. Uninstall programs that you do not use. Be sure to uninstall programs rather than deleting the files. Deleting the programs will not remove the program completely. Run scandisk and run defrag. Also, In Internet explorer check the settings for temporary Internet files. The setting should not be too high. I have a lot of disk space but I have it set at only 20 Megs. You want to make sure that it is not set to take up a lot of disk space.

Let me know how you make out.