Modem - anyone here know anything about DSL modems?

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Hey everyone :turn: I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about DSL modems and if they are any good ? :) thank you :)
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

DSL works with phone lines. It works great if you can get it. The DSL Company usually provides the modem. If you get DSL, make sure you install a firewall. ZoneAlarm is a good firewall and it is free.
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Thanx Sal,:turn: They are shipping the install kit to me it will be here 5/11, They said if I install it myself I save the &#36150.00 install fee :cool: I just hope I can do it without messing up anything....LOL :) If I have any questions I will be sure to look for ya :love2: ;)
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Hey Sal, ;) where can I find that firewall ?I got the DSL and I love it so far :cool: everything is faster...LOL
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

I recommend ZoneAlarm. It is easier to use than other firewalls. It’s top rated and it is free. BTW, I use it. The address is [url=http://www.zonealarm.com/

You]http://www.zonealarm.com/

You[/url] need to read the instructions. It will block all programs form accessing the Internet and ask your permission to allow them to access it. Look carefully at what program is trying to access the Internet then ask yourself, should this program be accessing the Internet. I was able to find spyware trying to access the Internet because ZoneAlarm blocked them and asked if I wanted the program to access the Internet. It is hard to explain it all here but if you read up on it you will see what I mean.
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Thanx Sal, I will check it out now:cool: your the best sweetie ;) :wave:
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Sal, Thank you sweetie, :)
ZoneAlarm is working great :turn:
What would I do without ya ;)