tiny bug?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dreams

tiny bug?

Post by dreams »

as you can see in this pic, the blue text is mispositioned to the right by a pixel or two.

btw, is it possible to customize hotkeys? for example, changing the keys for new folder/new file etc. i could only find customization for user commands.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

actually, I can't tell whether there is any positioning offset or not -- it looks correct, AFAICS, for the bold font being used.
(& if there were a small offset that chenges with font color, it is a color convergence issue with your monitor)

As for customizing hotkeys (i.e.: keycombo's), the short answer is "no".
use search (above) for more info.
dreams

Post by dreams »

fgagnon wrote:actually, I can't tell whether there is any positioning offset or not -- it looks correct, AFAICS, for the bold font being used.
(& if there were a small offset that chenges with font color, it is a color convergence issue with your monitor)
no problem at all with the drive letter:

but as the path gets deeper, the text is offsetted more:
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I can see what you mean but I cannot reproduce it even with a twelve level deep tree structure. What happens if you change fonts and colours? Also, is your video display card an ATI? There are known problems with some small, usually bold fonts on some ATI cards / drivers
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

dreams, i only saw this problem in win98, and still thought i had it fixed
which windows are you on?
and what happens if you change font to something else, truetype preferably?
(from tools | options | window, please restart x2 afterwards)
dreams

Post by dreams »

i'm using windows 2000 pro (sp4).
i tried a few other fonts such as verdana, times new roman etc, and they were fine. only tahoma has this problem.

to others speculating my video card is at fault: if that was the case, you wouldn't be able to see it in a screenshot, would you. it's like taking a screenshot when there's a spider crawling on my monitor and hoping to capture an image of it :p
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Sorry for the inference about monitor color convergence; but the effect wasn't apparent to the casual observer in the first example by itself.

The other examples made it very obvious. Thanks for pursuing the issue.

Also, info on it only happening with tahoma font is probably a good clue for nikos.
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

dreams wrote:to others speculating my video card is at fault: if that was the case, you wouldn't be able to see it in a screenshot, would yout
Yes you would!!. I have an ATI card on my laptop and have had repeated font problems with another program that the author does not see on his system. Screen grabs display the problem and hence I could send them to him to examine what it looked like.
ATI are aware of it occurring under certain conditions and I understand have changed some hardware to correct it, but that is no help on a laptop.
dreams

Post by dreams »

Gandolf wrote:Yes you would!!. I have an ATI card on my laptop and have had repeated font problems with another program that the author does not see on his system. Screen grabs display the problem and hence I could send them to him to examine what it looked like.
oh, it's the first time i've heard of this kind of problem. it must've happened during the create-video-signal-after-receiving-painting-commands stage and before the send-signal-to-monitor stage :p
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

only tahoma has this problem
strange
i also use tahoma (size 7) on w2000 and have no problems!
dreams

Post by dreams »

nikos wrote:
only tahoma has this problem
strange
i also use tahoma (size 7) on w2000 and have no problems!
i use size 8
my default locale (i.e. the one used for non-unicode programs) is set to japanese, but since i'm using the unicode version of x2 this should be unrelated right?
dreams

Post by dreams »

this one is still happening in 1.1.0.3 :(