zipfolders in XP - is this a bug or is it just me?

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Being a laggard, I usually get a new windows OS 2-3 years after it is released :) but this time with XP it was different: I was landed with a copy which I didn't have any reason to refuse

However it has turned out to be a bitter gift, since I've realized that not all's well with XP and the zipfolders feature. When I released v1.3.1.8 I did all my testing with win2000, and everything worked ok there. I could see zipfolder contents with details, extract previews, view the contents with F3 etc. XP users that contacted me back then reported no problems.

Imagine my surprise then when upon trying the new OS, all zipfolder contents came up with size of 0 bytes, modification dates <n/a> and all in all pretty much nothing worked, no F3, no previews, nowt.

Why hasn't anybody told me anything about this bug in XP? Or is it just me and my crappy gift? My <b>zipfldr.dll</b> version is <b>6.0.2600.0</b>. Has anybody else with XP experienced similar problems?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

by the way, i found a quick patch that works for my XP, and incorporated it in this provisional <b><a href="http://www.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/2xExplo ... p">version 1.3.1.9</a></b>

people who had problems with the old version in this respect are encouraged to try it out and let me know the score, cheers!
couimet

Post by couimet »

I did raise the issue of XP Zip Folders some weeks ago - I'm happy to see things are better now ...