v1.1 Painting issue

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Rhino

v1.1 Painting issue

Post by Rhino »

With "Hilight primary sort column" enabled the focus frame around the selected listview entry is overwritten.

For example click on a listview entry then lick on the selected/bold treeview entry.

This is on Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 server.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I don't see quite what you are describing ...

{Unless I have selected both tree options
[x] single click ... hands free activation, and [x] Automatically shift focus ... }
What I see is the following:
when I click in the tree the active focus shifts out of the active folderpane and the selected items' background hilite color changes (to a gray), but the dotted focus indicator box remains intact.

and, this is independent of "hilite primary sort column" option, or view mode (list, details, thumbnails, large/small icons)

Above is for x2 v1.1.0.0 on winXP sp2, no server attached.
Rhino

Post by Rhino »

Here's a screenshot:

From what I can see in the painting sequence the primary sort column is painted after the focus rect is drawn.
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

It doesn't appear to be the primary sort column but the first column. Normal order of Name, Ext, Size, Modified and the Name column has no dotted focus indicator box. Change columns to put Size first and sort on Modified (fourth column) and it's the Size column that now has the dotted focus indicator box missing. Alt-Tabbing to another application and returning to x2 redraws the lines which does indicate something strange about the screen drawing sequence. This is with v1.1.0.0 on XP.

After further investigation: Icons are always in the first column so at a guess it's related to the drawing of them. They appear to be drawn after the text in the first column.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Okay, thanks for the picture. Now I see.
I can reproduce the effect under the following conditions:

1. XP-style desktop must be used
{does not occur with windoze classic style desktop, which I normally use}

Tools | Options | Window {Tree settings}:
2. Single click to change folder & "hands free" activation must be selected.
3. Automatically shift focus to view after activation must be NOT selected.

It does not matter whether "Highlight primary sort column" is selected or not.

Under the above conditions clicking to the tree causes the focus indicator box to disappear from around the item name & appear around the item data in other columns. {or as Gandolf observed, from around the first column entry -- I did not check with column reordering}

But the focussed item can still be distinguished, despite this visually annoying "nit".

'Twould be nice to have this cleaned up; but there may be higher priority items on nikos' agenda.
Rhino

Post by Rhino »

fgagnon wrote:'Twould be nice to have this cleaned up; but there may be higher priority items on nikos' agenda.
I'm sure there is but if we don't report bugs then we rely purely on nikos finding them.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Rhino wrote:I'm sure there is but if we don't report bugs then we rely purely on nikos finding them.
I wish every bugreporter understood both parts of your statement. :)
It seems that some can can only rant about issues as if it would cause the end of the world to not get fixed immediately. :shock: