folder tabs and search

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

feralkid

folder tabs and search

Post by feralkid »

1 Is there a way to file search (find function) in only the current folder tab set?

2 Also, when I select a different folder group, should it replace the currently open tabs?  I have one group of 10 folders that is causing a problem. When I select another group (say one containing 3 folders), I end up with quite a mess...actually the first 3 tabs are the new group and then 7 of the old group.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

1. it will require some work; either visit each tab, select all, send to scrap and in the end do a local search there, or copy each folder name and use them in a comma-separated list in the find dialog "look in" field. Now that I think of it a nice command would be one that copied all active paths to the clipboard as text

2. I have explained this one before: the workaround is to use Window | Close all tabs before activating the next folder group

ps i just realized that you can sort of get all paths in a folder group using the "organize" dialog. The "description" of a group is the path list that can be copied. Not very usable, but possible!