2XExplorer does not show real icons for shortcuts

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

2XExplorer does not show the real icons of shortcuts: it puts another spurious icon over the actual icon. (Small parts of the true icon can be actually seen behind the spurious icon.)

I am not allowed to attach the screenshot with this report; so I will try to describe this spurious icon: "An open blue-banded box, standing in front of a PC". (This icon is very commonly found in the installer dilog-box when a new application is installed on a PC.)

This problem is common for all types of files: Microsoft word, Excel, PDF, .exe, etc..

The same shortcuts appear normal when viewed with Windows NT Explorer. Also, they function normally. (In other words, the problem is limited to wrong display in 2xExplorer).

(Problem seen in 2XExplorer Product Build: 1.3.1.12, used in workstation with the following config: Windows NT 4, Service Pack-6, P-III 733 MHz processor)
Admin

Post by Admin »

narayan wrote:I am not allowed to attach the screenshot with this report; so I will try to describe this spurious icon:
Hi narayan. You can post images here. The problem is that you posted in the guest forum.
The quest forum does not allow all the functions that members have. :0
Your post was moved to the 2X forum.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

> 2XExplorer does not show the real icons of shortcuts

this is a known problem with NT4. Actually I can't figure out why it happens when it does, however it doesn't happen all the time (only after long-term use)

the workaround is to quit & restart 2x