Refresh of scrap container displays folders as well as files

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Refresh of scrap container displays folders as well as files

Post by Gandolf »

Drive E:\ (Zip) with folders containing sub-folders. Select two folders and flatten them, only files are shown in the scrap container as expected. Having modified some of the files (external to x²) I now do a refresh on the scrap container and in addition to the files the sub-folders of the two flattened folders are also shown. Hide folder removes them but I don't know why they appear after a refresh. Intended behaviour or a bug?
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Update:

Just discovered why I never noticed it before. Normally I select all folders on the Zip drive, flatten them and apply a filter. It appears to be the lack of the filter that results in the folders getting displayed after a refresh. Nothing to do with only selecting some folders as I first thought. I still don't understand why only files are displayed (as expected) before the refresh and the folders appear after the refresh.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i guess you can call it a bug but it is next to impossible to eliminate
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

nikos wrote:... but it is next to impossible to eliminate
There used to be a notice above my desk at work:

"The impossible I can do at once,"
"Miracles require three days notice"

But, back to the problem. Since I've only noticed it once in hundreds of uses of the scrap container it won't bother me now I know how to avoid it. If you do ever find a way to solve it then it would be good.