Tooltips/Tips in the status bar for View>options

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

The Status bar always carries explanation for all pull-down menu items. In addition to that, tool-tips provide brief explanation for all buttons.

Only in case of the View>Options box, these features are not provided.

Since this box offers many important selectable parameters to the user, the user should be helped in making his choice through both tooltips and status-bar help.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no dialog can have access to the frame window status bar. We can do tooltips but most of the options have self-explanatory text descriptions. If there's any obscure point we can have it explained in the CHM file. Actually this is a good idea for the documentation project, since as it is it doesn't mention anything about the various dialogs used in 2x
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Yes indeed. I had already that in mind. But that kind of help is some clicks away from where the real action is. (The ideal state is, of course, context-sensitive help, but that is yet another project..)

I thought this tooltip/statusbar approach may provide instant help.

Another thing I want to do is to covert the FAQs in to a "storyline": the user should be able to read all instructions from start to finish and know all about 2x. This "story" would be fully illustrated with screenshots.

(Any volunteers? )