"Folder properties" box should be on top of 2x - The box settles on Desktop!

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

When the CTRL+D command is running, if we turn to other applications, the "Folder properties" popup box vanishes, and is only visible again when we minimise all other apps.

The box should be visible whenever 2x is selected.

Reported for Win NT4.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

do you mean "Folder Statistics" window?
Another user had problems with those modeless windows (was that you BRX?) but I can't reproduce any of those things :shrug:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Sorry: mixed up the commands- it should be "Right-click> properties", not CTRL+D.

Activate the Properties box, and do one of the following:
 1. Select another application and then come back to 2x,
 2. Click outside this box within 2x)

the box is gone!

To look up this box again, you have to go to desktop or at least minimise several applications; and sure enough, it is found beneath several application-screens.

Other modeless boxes (find, CTRL+D) stay where they are.
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

That would be me, indeed!

I'm still encountering some of these "problems" occasionally. For instance 2Ex sometimes disappears from the panel shown using the taskmanager switch with Alt-Tab (stays in the taskbar at the bottom though).

But it doesn't happen always and I attributed it more or less to something in my configuration since you couldn't reproduce it.

It happened mostly with the search windows, though that's not modeless, is it?. I'll have a look into it if I can reproduce ...

Yes, when I'm calling the find window (the searching one, not the result one) and switch to another application it happens. (First thing using alt-tab is that the search window loses focus. It shouldn't do that, I think).

Also it's still lost focus when I turn back to 2Ex with the taskbar

BRX
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

Can't reproduce Narayan's problem on Win98SE though.

BRX
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it's interesting that people that get drawn to 2x, a product of a grand technological laggard like myself, are themselves not-quite-state of the art :)

If my employers didn't buy me that flash laptop I bet I would still be using the trusty 486 of mine to this date! But you are no better: I mean NT4? win98? you're worse than me :spin:

This goes to say how stupid mikro$oft is releasing a new OS nearly every year now. We don't want no bug ridden windows versions, hear mikrosoft? Forget your unsustainable eternal expansion business models and listen to what the people really want. Clearly judging from this particular group, it's not new windows versions. That would make programmers life easier too
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

If you combine BRX's and my inputs, you get a confusing picture:

* In NT4, CTRL+D box stays put; "properties" box vanishes.
* In 98SE, it is exactly opposite!

Now, what is the solution (apart from getting laptops from some charity organization)?  :(
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

um, come and work for imperial college?
nice freeform job and you get the lovely english weather thrown in the deal free of charge