Unable to disable the single-click activation

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

I am unable to go back to double-click activation. I tried closing and restarting the 2x, but it does not work.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i can't reproduce that, if you uncheck the single click activation box in View | Options | Usability and hit OK this takes effect immediately
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Yes, I was referring to that very same setting as "not working".. I even replaced the exe file, but the problem is still there.

A couple of questions:
1. Which register value do I have to modify to toggle between "single-click" and "double-click"?
2. Is there any other register which makes the "double/single click" register's value permanent (non-editable)? (If there is such a register, it could be wrongly set in my PC).

Another thing: my Exploder is also set to "single-click activation". Though I never use it (thanks to BRX's solution), could it be interfering with 2x's change of setting?

(Now the registry has two bosses, with contrasting ideas! )  :crazy:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

activation is controlled by lvsExtendedStyle but i wouldn't recommend you touching this since it controls many other things like gridlines etc. Basically if you knew the LVS_EX_xxx values from SDK headers you could edit it. But this won't solve your problem

perhaps it's this setting in your explorer for single click. Why don't you try disabling it and see how it goes? It doesn't have any effect on my w2000, but you have NT4, who knows

if it gets really desperate, run 2x from a different registry key (using /S: command line option) and see if it gets back to its senses!
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

I restarted the PC (again) and now it works fine.

Not only that, the 2x and Exploder work independently so far as single-click setting is concerned.

I guess we can attribute this to a kink in Win NT and close the chapter.

Thanks for your time. :)