my suggestions for 2xexplorer - suggestions for future development

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

robert

Post by robert »

Hello, my name is Robert and I come from Spain.

I´ve been using 2xexplorer since I found it. After trying no less
than 10 Explorer replacements, I think 2x is simply the best.Simple and effective, no unnnecesary toolbar in each window, no unnecesary media player, no install and only 560 kb...Excellent.

I understand 2x is taylor-made to Niko´s  personal needs. Most of the toolbar functions seem to cope with "paranoid fear about file integrity" , and that´s good.. But let me suggest  2 more "cosmetic" improvements:

-Customizable Toolbar. Ability to eliminate icons for less used  functions, in order to free space for panels and for a

-Bookmarks quick-access Toolbar. This toolbar could incorporate shorcuts not only for folders, but also for a custom application, for example.

I have made a personal Spanish translated version of the .exe with modified icons by means of a resource editor. I can´t give any guarantee about it because i did not use all 2x functions yet. But if you are interested in take a look I´ll send you a copy.

Excuse my English. I´ve never received any english learning. Forced auto-learning...

Thanks to Nikos, salutations for all.

:)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

we have discussed about toolbar customization before
soon there's going to be a new section in the forum with all the recommended improvements that people can check before asking for a feature

thanks for the translation. I won't support translations for 2x (I will for x2) but any fellow Spanish people can contact you directly for a copy
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I have tried many file managers over the years.My favorite from the DOS days was XtreeGold.I have bought PowerDesk from Ontrack,but hated it because it hyjacked my zip/unzipping  functions(with WinZip)It took over the zip commands and I had to open with Powerdesk and did not like that.I have used @xExplorer since the Ninja build,and love it to no end.it is small,loads in a jiffy,does not take over zipping/unzipping functions and I can actually copy or move files to a CDRW or floppy.Overall,2XExplorer is simply wonderful.Thank you so much Nikos.    
                                                      Eddie Methot