Adjustable behavior of the 2xExplorer? - Some features I'm missing...

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jpmohr

Post by jpmohr »

Hello, I'm J.P. from Germany.
Up to now, I was a little bit nagged by the Windows Explorer, but I don't like NC-style file managers without an always visible folder tree.
So I was looking for a replacement every now and then - and now I found the 2xExplorer, which is a really great tool, and it's freeware!

However, there are some details which I would like to be a little more handy - but perhaps I did not find the place where I can adjust the behavior? I'm working with build 1.4.1.12, which seems to be the most recent available version.

2xExplorer does not save the window state and/or the window size. I prefer working in full screen mode, and I have to adjust it every time when I start 2xExplorer (normally once a day, directly after turning on my PC ;-)
Perhaps there is a command line option??

Pane-oriented operations are disabled when the folder tree has the focus. At least some of them would be still useful for me, e.g. folder history, creating a new folder, manual refresh, switching to equal panes...

I cannot edit folder names directly within the folder tree - I have to navigate to the parent folder, then change to the files pane, where all folders and files are editable.

After inserting a new folder, it is not visible in the folder tree! Even when I navigate to the new folder via double-click in the file pane, the folder tree remains unchanged, and the "locate in tree" function does not work. As a manual refresh of the folder tree is impossible, I can't work with the new folder as a drag/drop-target without a restart of 2xExplorer.

Can somebody help me?

Once again: the 2xExplorer is a fantastic piece of software, especially the 2 file panes make the work much easier!

THNX
pmf

Post by pmf »

Maximize-problem: see this

:wave:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the folder tree in 2x is neither too powerful or bullet-proof as you have discovered. A consolation is that in the new xplorer² all the problems you mention are solved already

for the refresh problem, all you need to do is collapse the node one level higher up and re-expand it
jpmohr

Post by jpmohr »

Thanks for your prompt reply!

So I will try the new thing :hehe:

I'm very curious, but I have to wait until I'm home, as alpha software should not be installed on production PCs...