2xExplorer would be perfect if...

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

johnk

Post by johnk »

First of all congrats Nikos, on a great product. I've been trying every file manager I can get my hands on lately, and 2xExplorer is one of the best, free or otherwise.

But one of my requirements (and the only place that 2xExplorer falls down), is a proper internal file viewer that supports almost all file types. The only file manager I've found that does this (and everything else) is Directory Opus, which is an awesome product, but a bit expensive.

One of the ways Directory Opus achieves its good viewer is by integrating Quick View Plus if it's on your machine (it is on mine). So my request is: would it be possible easily to integrate Quick View Plus in a similar way in 2xExplorer, (i.e. get the ThumbBar to use Quick View Plus if it's on the machine)?

Just a thought.

JohnK
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

ever since mikrosoft dumped the QuickView support from windows its rather awkward previewing files with it. So I don't think there'll be any support for that.

what is going to arrive though is a form of activeX generic viewer which will be able to preview loads of document types.
johnk

Post by johnk »

I look forward to it. Thanks for the response.

JohnK
mic

Post by mic »

Loooove 2x very much .. esp v r7x cartmann ...

all i would say to make it perfect is .. in the bookmarks menu, instead of having a "go to folder" sub-menu, just include all those in the bookmarks menu ..

so it would be ALT B > C, instead of ALT B > G > C for control panel (eg)

that's all, apart from that it's awesome !! :spin:

mic
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there's a newer version since R7x, see the website for Z1