Delete during Find operation

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

rsleegers

Delete during Find operation

Post by rsleegers »

Can anyone else confirm this behavior? I ran a large Find operation from a dual pane window to a scrap window. During the search I both shift-deleted and deleted files in the main window. I did not receive a delete confirmation for either, and the files were deleted. Once the find finished I was back to being asked for delete confirmation as usual. My Windows XP is set to confirm deletions.

It's almost as if xplorer2 is treating my delete as a scrap delete, but then using for a main pane delete.
Richard
Registered xplorer² user since 4/30/2008
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i just tried it and it's true!
(but no idea why it happens, i'll have to look into it)
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Were these items on a neighborhood PC? Then this is a Windows' trait (not of x2).
rsleegers

network

Post by rsleegers »

No, it's not on the network. I realize it always does "shift-delete" whether shifted or not, but it does ask for confirmation. Anyways, nikos confirmed it so it's not just me ...
Richard
Registered xplorer² user since 4/30/2008
feralkid

Post by feralkid »

Any idea why this happens?  Real potential for disaster for me.  While I do not do long finds that frequently, it always seems to catch me off guard when some odd file disappears because I hit the delete key and then remember there's a find running so I have to be very careful.....

I have a large disk farm here, online locally, not network, that I have to search for backup files (or whatever)... I don't like not having that extra level of protection that a confirm prompt provides.

This has been an issue for me for some time. I've haven't posted about it before because it seemed just an annoyance unit now. You probably can guess why it's an issue now...

Using xplorer2 pro 1.7.0.5

Thanks guys, great app!
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

When I do delete or shift-delete during a long search the files are deleted with no confirmation but both go to recycle bin. I do have confirmations disabled for delete to recycle bin.

Do you have recycle bin disabled?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'm still blank as to what causes this weird behaviour
try the following: before starting the search, open a new x2 thread with ctrl+N, and do the search on that one, then switch back to the old window and continue your management there; will the delete confirmation show?
feralkid

Post by feralkid »

Yes I get the delete confirm msg when done as you suggest.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

sorted