help customizing hotkey

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

garbanzo

help customizing hotkey

Post by garbanzo »

just started using this program. it's great so far, but one thing that i really want is to be able to use Ctrl-Tab to switch between tabs like in Firefox. i managed to remove the Ctrl-Tab hotkey from its original place, but when i try to assign Ctrl-Tab to switch tabs, it doesn't work. the Ctrl shows up, but as soon as i hit Tab, the OK button is focussed, and the Tab is not registered.

is there another way to assign the hotkey? i didn't see anything in the registry, and can't find an .ini file or anything...

thanks!
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Welcome garbanzo!

The tab key is a bit of an exceptional key when it comes to customizing the keyboard. If you search on this forum you'll find more posts about it, like here:
viewtopic.php?t=5134

All settings are saved in the registry, not in an .ini file, But I don't think the hotkeys are easy to change in here (not an expert though, never tried it).
garbanzo

Post by garbanzo »

thanks for the info. i did a few searches but didn't come up with the thread you linked.

hate to run autohotkey on top of this, but it looks like that's the only cure :(
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

Maybe Nikos could have a look at this.
Ctrl+Tab cannot be entered in the "Press new shortcut key" box because the Tab key is (traditionally) moving the focus away from the input box. Ctrl can be entered but as soon as the Tab key is pressed, the focus is removed, and "Tab" cannot be registered in the appropriate box.