a few questions

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

garbanzo

a few questions

Post by garbanzo »

how can i enable folder tooltips? i get tooltips on all my files, but not my folders. alternatively, can i show the size of the folder in the status bar and/or the info bars? it always says "folder: 0 B".

is it possible to customize the information displayed in the status bar?

is it possible to increase the size of the icons displayed in xplorer2? when i used explorer i switched between tiles view and details view. i miss tiles view, it actually let me see the icons so i could tell files apart visually.

in thumbnail view, folders with images inside turn to giant yellow folders, and show up to 4 thumbnails on top. can this be stopped? i want all folders in thumbnail view to just look like folders. also on the subject of thumbails, why don't images that have no thumbnail just look like an icon, instead of that big box with a little crossed out picture?

thanks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can't have size in the folder tooltips but you can either press <ctrl+D> to calculate folder sizes on demand or check the advanced option "calculate subfolder size automatically" (not recommended)
customize the information displayed in the status bar
slightly, see the advanced options page, for more control use infobars (View > Toolbars)
increase the size of the icons displayed in xplorer2
if you increase your icons size from control panel, xplorer2 will use them too. Isn't large icon view large enough?
show up to 4 thumbnails on top. can this be stopped
sure, check "Don't create thumbnails for folders" using the registry settings editor
garbanzo

Post by garbanzo »

thanks for the help! that CTRL-D shortcut is great for seeing a folder size. too bad it isn't in tooltips though, it's like that in explorer :)

"Don't create thumbnails for folders" worked fine. it'd be really nice if there were a similar setting called "Don't create thumbnails for files that don't have thumbnails" so when i'm in thumbnail view i can still see what the other files are easily.

large icon view is still a bit small on my system, but i'll manage. bumping them up to 48 pixelates some icons, and don't like that!