Mouse hover not working

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

unbob

Mouse hover not working

Post by unbob »

I'm an x2 (1.7.1.4) newbie - I'm noticing that when I hover my mouse pointer over a folder or file name, nothing happens. When I do the same thing with Windows Explorer, an informational "box" appears showing the folder size or file information. Is this correct? I'm surprised that x2 doesn't have that feature.

What am I missing?  Thanks, Rob
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Hi unbob!

Welcome to the forum!

You have not activated the infotips. Use the Tools | options menu, and then go to the Window tab. Put a tick in the second checkbox. Click on the  OK button at bottom.

You can also check out the other settings while you are there... (check out the user manual, which pops up when you press F1 in x2)
unbob

Post by unbob »

Thanks narayan! Yes, that works. However, it only works on files - not folders. When I use WE, and hover on a folder, a "info-box" is displayed showing the folder size and a list of the first 3 file names in the folder. I'm thinking this may be a result of some other software I'm running (eg, Treesize personal).

Thanks for your quick response!
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Yes, but the tips for folders are pretty useless in WE. They list the folder size and SOME (not all) of the subfolders. IMHO the partial subfolder list is not useful. As regards the size, x2 has the size column (in details display mode).

Press CTRL+D to activate the mode.

BTW the same info is there in x2's status bar (there is a program option for that)