build .19 still beta

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

narayan, as fred said above, you are using /N so that's why you don't see network drives on startup. As for the "installer not working at all" try quitting x2 before you overwrite it with the new one ;)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

now i see that the problem is more deap seated that i thought... switching to VS2003 messed up a lot of things, so people with older OS or missing MSVCR71.dll will have problems. SOrry about this, I'm looking for a solution and will release a new beta tomorrow :oops:

ps does anybody know how i can convince VS2003 to drop the link to UxTheme.dll? (must be from the C runtime somewhere)
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

I am launching the GUI from launch bar (I am not using a command line). I  also checked the properties of the x2 icon in the launch bar. It has only the path of the x2 executable. There is no /N switch.

Yet I am having this issue with v18 (because i cannot install v19 at all)

So how do I get rid of this phantom /N switch which butts in unasked?
Solved the installation issue (x2 WAS running unnoticed after all)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

/N will also be in the shortcut you launch the new x2 or if you are using the shell integration check your open_x2 verb
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

nikos wrote:people still using win98? and i thought I was the laggard :)
anyway now i get it, i switched to VS 2003 compilers and i guess they dropped windows 98, so here it is again, it should work
Noone has dropped '98 support in 2003. More likely something wasn't properly imported during vs6 -> 2003 transition.
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

/N will also be in the shortcut you launch the new x2
As I said I checked the properties of the Quick Launch shortcut, and /N is not there.

I did not happen to launch x2 through association (e.g. x2 launches when I plug in my USB pen drive).

More analysis on Monday!
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

nikos wrote:ps does anybody know how i can convince VS2003 to drop the link to UxTheme.dll? (must be from the C runtime somewhere)
Project Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional dependencies: uxtheme.lib must be there.
Project Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Delay Loaded DLLs: uxtheme.dll must be there.
Make sure that you're not calling any of UXTheme APIs on non-Windows XP OSes, so delay load won't be triggered.

MSVCR71.dll is trickier. Start with Project Properties -> General, make sure Use of MFC is set to Use MFC in a Static Library. Usually this helps. Also it makes sense to install a clean OS copy in VM, compile your project and run Dependency Walker in clean VM OS -- in this way it will barf at you if something unusual linked.
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
Wepver
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Wepver »

Could it be possible to add Autofilter button to the scrap container? (I do not see it anywhere)
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

I would like to have a few more commands in the tab context menu:

close tab
move to front (all the way left)
move to end (all the way right)
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ckit »

FrizzleFry wrote:I would like to have a few more commands in the tab context menu:

close tab
move to front (all the way left)
move to end (all the way right)
I strongly support your idea!
AKAJohnDoe
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AKAJohnDoe »

nikos wrote:people still using win98?
Wow! Sherman set the wayback machine!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Noone has dropped '98 support in 2003. More likely something wasn't properly imported during vs6 -> 2003 transition.
adding automatic (needless) dependency on uxtheme throws both win98 and 2000 out of the window, no? I'll try your recommendation for delay loading.

btw i haven't switched to vs2003, i just use its compilers for some devious plot i have in mind  :twisted:

ps my bad, it's WTL's fault for uxtheme! (in conjunction with VS2003)
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

nikos wrote:
adding automatic (needless) dependency on uxtheme throws both win98 and 2000 out of the window, no?
Well, since you're able to turn this dependency off with a simple compiler switch, I don't see a problem. The problem could start if you decide to switch to VC++ 2005, which is much more strict in terms of C++ than any of previous VC++ versions.
nikos wrote:btw i haven't switched to vs2003, i just use its compilers for some devious plot i have in mind  :twisted:
I think you should just go with VS2005+ and start using modern stuff for your software. :)

PS.
I also believe that you should drop '98 and 2000 support altogether (maybe 2000 may stay, but '98 must definitely go).
gerarddevos64

do not drop support w2k

Post by gerarddevos64 »

Hello,

Please do not drop the support for Windows 2000. We still use this at our company!!

Gerard de Vos
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no worries, i'm sure x2 still runs on win95 although i don't have one to test myself. So has anyone tried the new build .20?