blog: useful file dates

Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog post found at
http://www.zabkat.com/blog/04Jan09-frie ... e-date.htm
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

As it just wouldn't be a Sunday without a dissenting view from someone about what it doesn't let me do, I'll offer mine.

Having recently modified the date-format (via the registry as here) to 'Thurs 20-Oct-08 15:25' I find the "friendly date" destroys this... fair enough, it's a mutually-exclusive format.  Unfortunately I find the other modified/created date columns available do not adhere to my registry-edited format, and are instead the bog-standard variety.  Can these be reg-edited as well, or am I stuck with them?

Or, to be awkward, do I have to mess with the brace-bit from this blog?  (Which I never did quite figure out how to get into a custom column...)
Nikos wrote:I am not superstitious but what they say about leap years has a hint of truth.
Whilst it's tempting and oddly comforting to extend one's personal bereavements and world economic collapses to the wider universe as "going to hell in a handbasket", one must not forget that for all the various humans killed/maimed/suicided [sic] in the last year, an equal number got engaged, had children, won lotteries, successfully covered-up their various crimes, et cetera.

It behoves us even more to remember the thousand-year old Oak, Yew, and Bristlecone trees which care not for the things of man, and have been known to silently record up to 4,300 of our measurable years into their singleton lifespans.  What is but a simple cycle around a star?  Unworthy of note, times of strife, times of rote - lost to meaningless events, forgotten joys and the woes of time.  Many of these things may not have been the wonders they seemed in the first place, to our illusion-filled humanities.

Perspective, is the thing, sir.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the first port of call for date formats is your control panel, there you can setup your favorite format strings without messing with the x2 registry exceptions. Use the Regional and Language options applet

as for the MP3 renaming article, what went wrong there? You should try it again with the latest v1.72 since it corrects some potential illegal character faults that would make renaming impossible

finally, i insist that leap years suck, it's in the bible :P
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Not disagreeing with the humor, but too far off topic, so I split the OT posts to here ;)