just a suggestion

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

thely

Post by thely »

is it possible that when i minimize 2xExplorer it would show up as a try icon instead of the taskbar ?
(and if i clic on the try icon, 2xExplorer will be restored to the previous position?)
Do you believe in your dreams?
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Please download the power menu windows shell extension mentioned elsewhere in these forums. It has many powerful features such as stay on top, minimize to tray etc..

Besides, it will work for all your applications, including M$ apps. (Not just for 2x)
thely

Post by thely »

thanks for the tipp  : ))))
but 1 little problem - power menu won't restore it to the previous position (ex. i used 2x in maximized, sended to try, restored - and it wasn't maximized :turn: )
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

That is a more basic trick..will work with any other Windoze-based app as well.

Right-click on the shortcut (or 2x icon on the task-bar), and then select "properties". The third pull-down menu ("Run") allows you to start 2x with a minimized/maximized/normal window.

When you select the "Normal" option, Wondoze remembers the size and position of the window when you shut down the app, and opens that app the next time in the same window. If you want to use that option,  re-size the window to any convenient size/position, and then close the application. Till you change that setting again, you can use this saved window for that application.
thely

Post by thely »

thanks thanks thanks  : )))))
:ok:
uwee

Post by uwee »

Excuse me that i insist in this item.

But i think there is a big advantage in implementing the "minimize to tray" in 2xexplorer (or explorer²) as an option for the normal minimize-button:

the usage is much quicker as with POWER MENU! (1 click instead of 2: system menu + minimize)

I use this function very often (i tend to let two programs open every time: a file manager and an internet browser) and it could spare me much time...

I dont know wether this item can be implemented easily, but i would appreciate it very much!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this is not too hard to implement, but especially now that xplorer² supports multiple windows in the same process, the tray area is definitely not suitable!