Auto Size Columns

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Would you like to see this addressed in future updates?

yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes: 10

Eagle4Z

Auto Size Columns

Post by Eagle4Z »

Going through various posts I've noticed various requests for an automatic auto size column functionality....

Yet with each release, it seems, that this crucial functionality (Atleast for me) has not been addressed...

The interface is there...all it needs is the ability to check mark the box either individually or globally to automatically resize the columns....

I love the program, but this one thing drives me crazy and creates numerous additional clicks/work for me....

Any ideas on how to turn automatic column sizing on or when this feature will be addressed ?

"Thanks" for any help or input !

Eagle4Z
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

That's not something I would ever want.
I have too many folders with the occasional extremely long filename (or subfoldername).
To auto size any column manually, simply d-click the separator on RH side of column header.  :shrug:
... and of couse autosize exists already for list view (on XP & earlier) by setting Max list column width=0 on the Tools | Options... | Window sheet
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

You can also use the key combo Ctrl+ "+" (on the number pad) to resize the columns
Vas
RickyF
Silver Member
Silver Member

I am constantly amazed by the feature set in X2 Pro

Post by RickyF »

@vserghi

I did not know that. Thanks.
boyar001

Auto Size Columns

Post by boyar001 »

Thanks for the Cntrl + tip, it will save time.  But it speeds up a MANUAL  process that I do ... 10-20 times a day, every day (btw: using 'details' dual pane style, with added columns - ie: space is valuable).
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

Glad I can help :D
Vas
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the idea with the name column width is to keep it to a "good size" so that it doesn't take up too much horizontal space yet shows most of the filenames in full. For those bigger ones that get cropped you can always hover the mouse pointer over them and you'll see a tooltip with the full name