How reset bookmark??

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

danielrod

How reset bookmark??

Post by danielrod »

I have created bookmarks Ctrl-1 through Ctrl-5. Now I want to reset the last one (Ctrl-5) to a different folder. I *thought* the sequence was Ctrl-Shift-5, but that doesn't seem to work.

Of course the keystrokes are no longer visible in the Bookmark menu since all bookmarks 1-5 are already being used. Couldn't find anything in the Kestrokes help file.

Is it possible to reset a Bookmark?? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

--daniel
danielrod

I figured it out! BUT....

Post by danielrod »

I figured it out! The keystroke is actually Ctrl+Shift+5.

Now, my only request would be that this keystroke be documented somewhere! (in addition to the Bookmark menu itself, since this information disappears once you assign all 5 bookmarks to a folder!)

Thanks,

--Daniel
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the keystroke is Ctrl+Shift+5
make sure you press everything at once and the 5 comes from the main keyboard
then you'll get a confirmation message on the status bar
danielrod

Post by danielrod »

Yup...I was accidently doing Ctrl+Alt+5! (again, the correct keystroke doesn't seem to be documented outside of the Bookmark menu itself...which you can only reference if you haven't used up all your entries!)

Cheers!

--Daniel
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the "trick" is described on the status bar when you browse these menu items
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

The keystrokes are described in the CHM file (search for the keyword "bookmark" there).

Yes, it does not say that the same key combinations are to be used for re-assigning the bookmark to another location.

Will be covered in the next version!
danielrod

Where can I get the CHM file??

Post by danielrod »

Hmm...when I tried to open the CHM file, I got a message asking me if I wanted to download it from your website. After saying yes, I was lead to your website. After poking around in the Download page for a while, I still could not find it.

Then I noticed a blurb in the main page about the Help file, and a link to download it "separately", but when I tried to download this, it almost overwrote my original 2xex1412.zip, which I don't think I want to do. Now, I don't know if the link is incorrect, or if in fact the chm file is given the same .zip name as the main app??

Bottom line, I still have no idea how to obtain this chm file. ...sure wish this was easier.

Thanks,

--Daniel
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

Just wanted to mention that regardless of the crying for more bookmarks there is a sixth one possible since "0" can be used for it as well. It seems most people aren't aware of that.

BRX
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

here's the link advertised in the main page
http://www.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/2xExplorer.chm