x2 releasebuild

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pomj

x2 releasebuild

Post by pomj »

I've been using 2xExplorer and now x2 for several years now and for me it's the software I use the most.
Now, with the latest builds I've trashed 2x and I'm using x2 fulltime. I find it quite stable now and the crashes are far and between. Great work Nikos.
I wonder however if you could supply a releasebuild to use on a daily basis. If and when a crash occurs I can fire up the debugbuild to give you a crashreport.

/michael
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

would that be plain or unicode sir? :)
i suppose its a good idea "debugging" the release version too, so here's the link:

http://www.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/kenny.zip (106 kb)
pomj

Post by pomj »

Thanks Nikos! Is it compressed with an exe compressor or is it really that small?!?

/michael
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no, that's a genuine 200K executable, "compressed" with WTL
pomj

x2 releasebuild

Post by pomj »

Well so far it works like a charm. I've done a lot of work with it during the day with very different tasks. Handling a lot of small files as vell as some *very* large files. Works great.

I have a feature request though. I miss the old CTRL+D from 2x. I found it very versatile.

Anyway, keep up the good work Nikos and thanks for a great program.

/micha
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

all the old features of 2x will eventually come to x2, sooner or later, including [Ctrl+D]