My button\menu images are missaligned

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

My button\menu images are missaligned

Post by pschroeter »

I have noticed one immediate problem with 1.8.0.0, my button images that use x2skin.bmp are screwed up. They are also screwed up in my menus. Some buttons have parts of different button images in them. It is taking parts of the correct button image and an image next to it and combining it on one button.  I notice the amount of overlap varies. In some buttons the offset is so bad x2 is using the image next to the correct one. I think the images are shifting to the left. I'm guessing the way x2 cuts up the strip of icons in x2skin.bmp has changed.

I also should say I had edited x2skin.bmp and substituted a few images I liked for yours, but this has not caused any problems with the last several versions of x2. Is this a problem that can be fixed or do I have to use the old x2skin.bmp?

I meant to post this under the release notice and apologize for hitting the wrong button again.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

All the skin icon files need to be updated to work with 1.8 and the previous betas. Nikos added an icon.

Nikos posted about this in the several skin threads a couple of weeks ago...

http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=58 ... c&start=15
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank You I already fixed it

Post by pschroeter »

FrizzleFry wrote:All the skin icon files need to be updated to work with 1.8 and the previous betas. Nikos added an icon.

Nikos posted about this in the several skin threads a couple of weeks ago...

http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=58 ... c&start=15

I basically just had to paste my old custom toolbar over a new 1.8 x2skin.bmp.

I would have liked a little more heads up because not knowing about it caused an immediate little crisis.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i sort of updated the skins myself, minus the style, see www.zabkat.com/x2skin.htm