Problem with User commands

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dokx

Problem with User commands

Post by dokx »

Within Xplorer I want to define a kind of dashboard for frequently used programs.

So I try to define a new User command.

First a define a shortcut to my application.

Then I define the command with:

D:\Word\Winword.lnk

because I want my new User command to start my Winword.exe which is located in d:\Word

But that does not work. Where is my mistake? Do I have to use those $-Tokens instead of the real file paths?
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

A $-token is not necessary, if you only want your application to start without further ado, but you should give a clue if where your command is directed to. You can use '$' to indicate that it is a dos command, or '>' if it is a run command.
I would recommend to try to define the command as:

Code: Select all

> "D:\Word\Winword.exe"
If you put this user command as a button on a customised toolbar, you can, if I'm correct, drag and drop your Word-documents on this button to open them.
Although I like these user commands, you might also consider to drop your .exe file in the miniscrap. Doubleclicking this file would also open the application. Nikos has once made a video demo about this: http://www.zabkat.com/tour/mfv.htm
dokx

Post by dokx »

Now it works, thank you for your help! Also the scrap book idea is quite useful!

Xplorer2 is so powerful, incredible. :)
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

You may want to look into using the Meun++ command developed by Snakebyte.

The link http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=4896 shows how to install and customize it.

----------------
PJ in (sunny and WARM AGAIN!) FL