xplorer2 v1805 released

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Have you updated Skinz yet?

Post by pschroeter »

My icons are misaligned in my toolbars after installing this as what happened with version 1.8.0.0, and for the first time the info icon in my status bar misaligned too. I assume this is because of the new hidden files icon icon (which I plan to change because I find the little eye slightly creepy.)

I personally would find it much more useful if I could click on it to toggle hidden files, and choose whether it displays or not. I know people have been clamoring in the forums for the ability to show hidden files, me included, but I only use it occasionally and don't care to be informed about it all the time.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you need to get the latest skin for your toolbar from here:
www.zabkat.com/x2skin.htm
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Cosmo wrote:...an update to the state of this "fixing them ... worse": MS is still investigating in this problem, but the current state of the issue seams to lead to the result, that the reason for the systems with BSODs is a malware-infected atapi.sys.
Update on the Update
The company says it is continuing to investigate the matter, and has suggested XP users avoid the patch for the moment.
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

The latest news about
Kilmatead wrote:... patches and fixes as being related to malware infected this or that, largely because it's a believable excuse
in conjunction with the said MS10-015 patch: A rootkit, also related to Vista and other OSes, and "a lesson for the victims"
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Do MS often "suggest [...] users avoid the patch for the moment"?  (Honest query, that - I don't remember it happening too often.)
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

I meant has the skin designer pack been updated

Post by pschroeter »

nikos wrote:you need to get the latest skin for your toolbar from here:
www.zabkat.com/x2skin.htm
I'm I not sure if you knew I meant has the skin designer pack been updated. I created my own personal toolbar by adding a few buttons I liked to the original. I looked at toolbar in the skinz folder in the skin designer pack I just downloaded and it is the same size as the old toolbar that is misaligned. I also don't see the new hidden files eye icon in it. The last icon to the right of the icon strip BMP is the thumbs up icon.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there is an extra icon that of a shield. It has been added in the custom skins but i forgot the skin designer pack  :oops: