PowerShell integration?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Microp

PowerShell integration?

Post by Microp »

Hi!

It would be nice to get PowerShell integrated into xplorer2.

Or at least a hack to replace default Tools/run command or DOS command,  so it starts powershell instead.

It's a great tool.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Please make your case in terms of improved user productivity for file management functionality.  
"It would be nice ..." arguments have little weight with the developer.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'm not sure about the workings of powershell but if it works from a console you can try adding its command in szDosCmdPreamble registry key
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

you can try adding its command in szDosCmdPreamble registry key
That could be interesting. Could you maybe elaborate on that? Would it be just replacing the default 'cmd.exe /K' with 'powershell.exe' (which, in a run command, brings up the window for powershell in much the same way as 'cmd.exe' does for the command window)? In that case, it doesn't work: it makes all '$ ...' commands ineffable.

Oh, and what did I screw up when (trying to reset it all in the registry) I end up with an empty cmd window always accompanying the X2 console when I type a '$' command in the address bar :oops: ? When I close this cmd window, it relentlessly closes X2... :(
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

It works for me... I used:

powershell.exe -NoExit

in szDosCmdPreamble

The -NoExit just prevents the console window from closing just like /K with cmd.exe. The original preamble had a space after the /K so you might need to add that.

I prefer just having a toolbar button with:

>powershell
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

did you manage to integrate powershell with the fancy command line window used by xplorer2?
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Thanks, FrizzleFry, I'll try it, as soon as I have my registry-settings sorted out. Then I can see if it is worth having it that way, or just to have a button like you (I'm new to this anyway...).
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

The x2 command line window seems to work fine with powershell. I ran a few commands... dir, cd, help... and I did not notice any problems. I don't usually use the x2 console but it looked and acted the same way it does with cmd.