Couple of questions and a few comments/suggestions

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

mmelo

Couple of questions and a few comments/suggestions

Post by mmelo »

Hi,

I tried to find this before posting but couldn't.  :( Can anyone please tell me if:

1) Is there a way to duplicate the current TAB in the same panel WITHOUT going into the sub directory the cursor is on? Ctrl-T dupes, but if you've got a Directory selected it duplicates as that sub dir

2) Is there a way to duplicate the current TAB to the other panel WITHOUT overwriting the tab selected there (i.e. actually create a diff tab)? Ctrl-I dupes to the other panel, but does so by ovewriting the dir there

Then there are a couple of suggestions that would make things easier for - I expect - a lot of users:

1) It would be cool to drag-n-drop into a subdir in the breadcrumb. This would allow you to copy/move to a parent dir with a simple d-n-d;

2) The way back/forward work is completely unintelligible. I know it uses some newfandled intelligent way that is explained in the manual, but I can never remember what it is and I doubt people want to THINK when doing these actions. You should, at the very least, be able to optionally set it to work like every other explorer does: simply go back and forward in your usage history.

3) Speaking of usage history, these back/fwd buttons should have a dropdown on their respective history.

4) I know that I mentioned this in the past already, but it bears repeating: middle-click in a folder should open that folder on another tab like firefox does;

5) You should be able to have favourite folders in a drop down. I know you can use the miniscrap to hold favourites, but the mini scrap uses up too much screen estate (If you don't have a tree, you end up using a full column of the screen). You can also have them one by one in a toolbar but that takes up too much space horizontally. :P

Thanks for listening.  :D
--
I have vague plans for World Domination
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

1. press <end> to go to the end of the list or anywhere on a file before you open the new tab

2. ctrl+ALT+insert, all things with ALT operate on the inactive pane

favorites drop down... that would be the Bookmarks menu!
mmelo

Post by mmelo »

nikos wrote:1. press <end> to go to the end of the list or anywhere on a file before you open the new tab
That's just a klunky workaround, to be honest. :) What if the current dir has no files and only sub-folders? I'm pretty sure that if people were given the possibility of having ONLY ONE of the commands "dup curr tab" or "dup curr tab but navigate into folder if focus is on a folder", the vast majority would pick the former rather than the (currently implemented) later.
nikos wrote:favorites drop down... that would be the Bookmarks menu!
LOL. That's a fair point, well put!
--
I have vague plans for World Domination