This board needs improvement. (Incl. Greasemonkey script)

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Thanks for the update - it's strange how if you use a modification for long enough, you tend to forget what the original "broken" version actually looks like until you're forced to use it again.  Humans really are going to be in trouble when SkyNet attacks, being the headless chickens our illusory false sense of continuity gives us.  :cry:  (I really should be better at this. :roll:)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

So I'll better prepare some Terminator emulation userscripts, right?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

That sort of depends upon which side you're on.  It mightn't be a bad thing to allow for a certain level of population reduction before anyone steps in to save the day.  Say, we could split the world between us (to show what a magnanimous dictator I can be, you can have your choice of  hemispheres :wink:) and we'll roll some dice (the only way to really judge humanity's future) for an arbitrary percentage of the population we should strive to save (preferably a small one).  Whoever wins gives their scripts to the machines, and, as usual, humanity can have the loser's.

Seems like a pleasant enough way to spend an afternoon's wager, no?  Nikos can have Greece though, as it would be quite interesting to see how much effort he puts into saving it - the jury seems out on that one.  Then again, would the machines really be interested in them?  I mean, all those chip-overheating issues - I imagine the attacks would actually start in Scandinavia, as a matter of logical approach.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Why would nikos want to have a bankrupt country? He does not even make enough effort to be happy with the x² sales.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what are you on about?
greece is effectively bankrupt because it's been run by idiots for 30 years, and now our european pals get loans on 3% then pass them on at 5% to greece and that's considered 'charity' that's going to save us!?

i should really forfeit your lifetime upgrades insurance then at least i'll make some more money from germany ;)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Right now, every German has a debt of about 24,005 €. Now tell me who's bankrupt.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:i should really forfeit your lifetime upgrades insurance then at least i'll make some more money from germany ;)
I take it we learned nothing from the Versailles Treaty and the Potsdam Conference combined?

Interestingly enough:
The total cost of war reparations (to be paid by Germany) was assessed at 132 billion Marks (then $31.4 billion, £6.6 billion) in 1921 which is roughly equivalent to US $442 billion and UK £217 billion in 2011, a sum that many economists at the time deemed to be excessive and counterproductive and would have taken Germany until 1988 to pay.  The final payments ended up being made on 4 October 2010, some ninety-two years after the end of the war for which they were exacted.
So, Greeks should just have patience.
Tuxman wrote:Right now, every German has a debt of about 24,005 €. Now tell me who's bankrupt.
Just for the record, every Irish person has a personal share of €35,000 in the debt.  Including children!

The Irish know nothing of patience, so we're just going to stuff the lot of you by defaulting and get drunk for the next 92 years.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

does anybody know of big numbers well enough to calculate the american debt per capita? :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

They seem to cheat when calculating "official" figures, and factor in other characteristics like "potential economic and population-growth" into the equation.  Thus any figure relating to American Debt is somewhat skewed.  (To be fair, I have no idea how other countries' Per Capita debts are calculated, and could be done likewise; as so-called "educated" Economists have lost legitimacy - we stone them as pariahs with our good Catholic rocks - I'm not entirely sure anyone actually listens to them aside from newspapers and spurious telly networks.  And we know who owns those.)