Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Is search feature the same in 2.0?

Post by wasker »

Hi,

After upgrading to 2.0 I noticed some weird behavior of "Find files or folders" feature, which I never seen in earlier versions. Somehow the thing picks up one of the folders I've searched earlier and uses it as a starting folder in "Look in" field. Say, I searched in folder qwe\r\ty, then got up one level, pressed Ctrl-F and I still have qwe\r\ty as my starting point, not qwe\r I'd expect.

Thanks.
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

I can confirm this. It has happened to me too. I would've probably started a thread about it earlier, but wanted to encounter the issue more than a couple times (after all, could've been my fault). Now that wasker mentioned it, I want to say that he's not the only one who experienced this x2 v2 behavior.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

yes,  I believe I've seen it too. & maybe more than once --- but because I cannot reliably reproduce it, I figured I was just not paying attention. :?
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

I'd say, there's something that triggers this "feature". I do not see it happen always, but it happens quite often to annoy the hell out of me.
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it has never happened to me. If anyone finds a reproducible fault let me know