The manual is buried in junk... /M

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

The work is simple (and small really). Secondly, no public review is needed.
So we don't need any truly collaborative tools.

1. I will post my stuff on Dropbox and provide links here.
2. All volunteers discuss the sharing here.
3. Then everyone just sends his output to me through email.
Caveatrob

Sounds fine

Post by Caveatrob »

Honestly barring a huge group of contributors, your suggestion seems great. Oh - I'm Rob, by the way, and I do document stuff.

I think there's some value in not only documenting features but also doing little "scenario" or "task-based" or "problem-solution" articles.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

EDIT:  WARNING-- Big Orange Thing!  Viewing this may give you a headache (scroll down to view)

Here's this in case Narayan or anyone has a use for it.  

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

No "2" in it?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the keyword is pictogram, i like the simplistic style!
wperkins99
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wperkins99 »

nikos wrote:the keyword is pictogram, i like the simplistic style!
That's It... :wink: "Pictogram" pushed me over the edge...

Kilmatead, I took your advice, and "Resource Hacked" the heck out of Icon 128 in X² Ultimate, replacing it with the "true" Icon 128.

The bummer, of course, is that I get to do this with every "dot" improvement to X² Ultimate.

You'd think that Nikos would have more empathy for the wishes of someone who has been with him since the 2xExplorer days ("2xExplorer RR-t // Program upgrade, 10 May 2000") and give us a choice in which Icon we wish to have in the upper left corner all the time, New Icon 128 or Old Icon 128.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

wperkins99 wrote:The bummer, of course, is that I get to do this with every "dot" improvement to X² Ultimate.
As this is now a one-click operation, taking roughly 2.3 seconds, the time you lose is actually less than the measurement in centimetres (3.74) that the moon drifts away from the earth each year.  Considering the calming effect that has (cumulatively) on women's menstrual cycles and contrast that simplification of your life with the frustration you have with our favourite Greek, and I reckon you will break even over the next 12 years. :D  Now, true, you could argue that you're not gaining anything by merely "breaking even", but existentially speaking you're not losing anything either.

It pays to think about things on a cosmic scale, rather than our boring human one. (And a little sophistry doth help, methinks.) :wink:
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

Kilmatead wrote:
wperkins99 wrote:The bummer, of course, is that I get to do this with every "dot" improvement to X² Ultimate.
As this is now a one-click operation, taking roughly 2.3 seconds, the time you lose is actually less than the measurement in centimetres (3.74) that the moon drifts away from the earth each year.  Considering the calming effect that has (cumulatively) on women's menstrual cycles and contrast that simplification of your life with the frustration you have with our favourite Greek, and I reckon you will break even over the next 12 years. :D  Now, true, you could argue that you're not gaining anything by merely "breaking even", but existentially speaking you're not losing anything either.

It pays to think about things on a cosmic scale, rather than our boring human one. (And a little sophistry doth help, methinks.) :wink:
This is my new favorite Kilmaquote.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

As with most tasty things in life, it contains more calories than logic, so I wouldn't use it as a defence in court the next time you're brought up on Mariticide charges.  And yes, unbelievably, Mariticide is actually a real word.  More common at certain times of the month than others, I'm sure.  :shock:
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

People are actually ranking Kilmaquotes?!
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Wepver
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Wepver »

kunkel321 wrote:EDIT:  WARNING-- Big Orange Thing!  Viewing this may give you a headache (scroll down to view)
For me the new x2 Ult icon is too bright and annoys me. I like more the old one. But I will get used to it sooner or later (I have the same problem with Sandboxie’s icon.)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:People are actually ranking Kilmaquotes?!
It's actually more disturbing that someone thought to coin a term for them in the first place.  :roll:
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

Kilmatead wrote:
Tuxman wrote:People are actually ranking Kilmaquotes?!
It's actually more disturbing that someone thought to coin a term for them in the first place.  :roll:
The above gets a ranking of Eight on a scale of One to Kilmaten
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

kunkel321 wrote:...One to Kilmaten
Oi, clever boi.  Just like Santa delivers coal to uncooperative children every year, I have an awful lot of horse-shite to deposit around the world this year for certain deserving individuals - what number are you on that list, I ask myself? :wink:  Good thing there's no shortage of the stuff.  West coast of Americae, you say?  We'll keep an eye on you, you rapscallionesque varlet, you.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

Here is an alternate version of that big orange icon--for anyone interested...

Here it is as a Windows ICO...
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwtnO5 ... cmVWb2ZLdw

Here it is looking like a boss on my computer

And here's a chrome version

Image :wink:

EIDT:  PS the last kilmaquote is only a 2.  ;-P